Free estimates are just that, free and an estimation of your loss of value. This is not an appraisal and should not be used as such. An appraiser will review the information you submit and will provide an estimate based only on the information you have submitted. This is not a credible valuation and you do not have permission to share this estimate with anyone. You understand we are appraisers only and do not employ any attorneys or provide any legal advice.
All appraisals are for Inherent Diminished Value Only and all information used that is supplied by the purchaser is assumed to be credible and accurate. We reserve the right to refuse to do any appraisal.
DiminishedValue.net nor any of it’s associates, owners or appraisers do not offer legal or tax advise. The information presented at this site should not in any way be construed to be legal advice. If you are in need of legal advice, you should seek the help of a qualified attorney in your city and state. Laws vary by state and you are urged to research the specific laws and your rights within your state.
There is no warranty expressed or implied for any information and/or material contained in this web site. By accessing this site and/or purchasing a report, you agree to hold harmless, DiminishedValue.net and/or their associates, appraisers or owners for any damages arising from using the information on this site including direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and/or consequential damages. The reports offered for purchase are offered on an AS IS basis only. The information on this website should be used for educational purposes only. No information on this web site should be considered legal or tax advice. By accessing this site, you also agree that the laws of Washington County, Oregon, will govern all transactions, and Washington County, Oregon is the only location in which any action may be brought.
When appraising a vehicle, many factors are taken into consideration in determining whether said vehicle has sustained a loss of value due to the result of an accident and subsequent repairs. Components may appear cosmetically sound, but have underlying issues. A Diminished Value report/appraisal is designed to provide an answer to the problem of determining the repair related, process related, and/or inherent diminished value sustained by the subject vehicle following the repair of collision damages. Vehicles that are involved in a collision almost always suffer a loss in market value due to the general perception that vehicles with an accident history are in some way defective or more likely to present future problems with electrical, wear and tear, or safety related issues.
All appraisals provided through diminishedvalue.net are desktop appraisals only and the vehicle may not have been physically inspected by the appraiser of the vehicle unless noted on the appraisal itself. The information contained in any of our reports is based on the professional automotive opinion of Kenny Nix, also known as Ken Nix. Additionally, when analyzing and calculating inherent diminished value, in order to produce the most credible report possible, hypothetical situations are sometimes used due to a lack of sufficient market or sales data. DiminishedValue.net does not retain and is not liable for any records, information, and/or documentation used to arrive at the opinions within the report.
All opinions, conclusions, calculations, and analysis are based on over 20 years experience in the automotive industry. All conclusions of value are based on the fact that the titled owner of the property has full and complete control over the use and sale of the vehicle and such value has been assessed as free and clear of encumbrances. DiminishedValue.net and Ken Nix has made every effort that the information on this website is as accurate as possible however, we assume no responsibility for any omissions and/or errors in this site or in our reports. If you require legal services please contact a local attorney in your area. All rights reserved.
Report Terms and Conditions
1. The methods and calculations used in these reports are the unbiased opinion of a professional State Certified Appraiser.
2. All statements in this report are considered true and correct.
3. This report will be provided at the request of an individual of their own free will and was not solicited for any predetermined reason.
4. The analysis, opinions and conclusions are developed based on the automotive experience of assigned appraiser.
5. We have NOT made a personal inspection of the vehicle, which is the subject of any report unless a physical inspection is noted and described in the report. According to USPAP ADVISORY OPINION 2 (AO-2), It is the appraiser who is to determine the appropriate degree of inspection necessary to produce credible assignment results. This includes use of photos, video, or other evidence we may use to determine condition and other factors related to the appraisal.
6. The fees for any report is not contingent upon any value reflected in the report, and is charged solely for the purpose of compensating the appraiser and their associates for their time, energy, costs and expenses associated with providing a report.
7. DiminishedValue.net nor any of its associates have any financial interest in the property which was the subject of this evaluation.
8. DiminishedValue.net assumes no liability for latent or manufacturing defects which may affect the value of the vehicle.
9. DiminishedValue.net reserves the right to recall any report and amend it if there is any accidental error or omission.
10. Total Loss Claims will be decided between appraisers and clients may not be notified before agreement with other appraiser.
11.All final numbers in supplied reports have been rounded to the nearest dollar amount.
12. Liability of any purchased report is limited to the actual price paid for the report.
Prior to July 17, 2012: There is no guarantee of a specific outcome made by DiminishedValue.net or its associates to our clients at any time. In order to keep the integrity of the report in tact, once the report is ordered/purchased no refunds will be made under any circumstance.
Starting July 17, 2012, FOR NEW CLIENTS ONLY!:
DiminishedValue.net/Kenny Nix’s,( referred to hereforth as Ken Nix), “Money Back Guarantee” is a conditional agreement between the purchaser and Ken Nix. The “Money Back Guarantee” only applies to diminished value products purchased from diminishedvalue.net. Any additional expenses incurred in pursuing your claim based on this agreement or the documents purchased on diminishedvalue.net or from Ken Nix, do not apply. There is no Guarantee/warranty expressed or implied as to the final settlement amount of your claim. *The following Requirements must be met and the following documents submitted to receive a refund of the money paid for the appraisal, report or assessment:
• If the appraisal is for a Total Loss (totaled vehicle) there is no refund policy, all total loss appraisals are on an as is basis.
• The purchaser must have provided the estimate of record with summary or the insurance company’s valuation plus all documents requested available to Ken Nix by email in PDF form, if the purchaser does not make requested documents available to Ken Nix, no refund will be made, even if the appraisal/report or assessment has not been completed.
• Evidence of 2 separate Demand Letters sent to the At-fault driver and to the insurance company from the claimant.
• 3 Different Denial Letters from the At-fault insurance company.
• Evidence of filing a complaint with the Department of Insurance in the State the loss occurred against the At-fault Insurance Co.
• A letter from the at fault insurance company stating there were no previous claims against the vehicle at the time of loss.
• Evidence of filing against the Plaintiff in Small Claims Court and the court’s determination.
• A letter from a Tax Attorney stating that you can not file for a loss on Taxes.
• All Reports/Assessments and/or Appraisals may take longer than expected due to research, waiting for documentation requested from purchaser, and/or additional repairs. No refund may be requested or issued until the appraisal has either been completed or has been determined by the appraiser that it can not be completed. If research has taken longer than expected, the client must submit a email requesting the appraisal to be completed within the next 5 business days (with the subject: URGENT: Completion Requested) before any claim may be established.
It is our policy to guide clients through the negotiation process regarding their claim. There is however, no guarantee of a specific outcome made by DiminishedValue.net, lossvalues, Ken Nix or DiminishedValueofOregon.com to our clients at any time. In order to keep the integrity of the report in tact, once the report is ordered/purchased Ken Nix and/or his representatives hold the final decision on whether a refund claim is valid and has met the above condition(s) and if a refund will be issue.
We will consider refunding your money only in these circumstances:
If after submitting the appraisal and a demand letter (sample demand letter included), following our instructions, and pursuing reasonable collection attempts as outlined above*, you are offered a settlement** less than the cost of the Diminished Value Appraisal, we will refund 100% of your appraisal cost* (*Inspection costs are not refundable under any condition and are itemized separately).
Situations where we will not refund your money if you do not receive at least the cost of the appraisal:
You do not envoke your appraisal rights on a Total Loss Claim.
You have previous undisclosed damage. (Each collision must have a separate report and each additional report will be extra)
Your vehicle has previous undisclosed structural, unibody and/or frame damage or it is determined you are at fault. In this case, all guarantees are null and void.
The vehicle is determined to be a total loss and either an inspection or research has been started.
Due to there always being extenuating circumstances, please contact Ken Nix at email@example.com with details of your claim and why it was denied. Unless the above criteria has been met, Ken Nix has final say as to whether a refund will be issued or not. Please allow 30-90 days for refund processing after refund has been agreed upon.
All reports/appraisals must be paid for before work is started to ensure integrity of the report.
Payments that are reversed, may be considered insurance fraud and reported to the proper authorities. This is a common fraud whereas a claimant will shop the value to find a higher value and that practice is illegal in all states.
Taxes: You are solely responsible for any applicable state, federal or provincial taxes. Although you may not be charged taxes by us, you agree that you will pay any applicable taxes or fees to your local or state tax agency for any purchases. We are not responsible for collecting, transmitting, or advising on taxes, duties, or other levies by the government regarding your purchases.
Ken Nix, DiminishedValue.net, DiminishedValueofOregon.com any of it’s associates, owners or appraisers shall be excused from performance hereunder to the extent that performance is prevented, delayed or obstructed by causes beyond its reasonable control. This Agreement (including any amendment agreed upon by the parties in writing) represents the complete agreement between us concerning its subject matter, and supersedes all prior agreements and representations between the parties. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be reformed to the extent necessary to make it enforceable to the maximum extent permissible so as to affect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. Any payment reversal and/or returned check(s) are subject to a minimum $35.00 fee per item in addition to any fees assessed by PayPal, Square and/or any other financial institution. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the state of Oregon without reference to its conflict of law principles. In the event of any conflicts between foreign law, rules, and regulations, and Oregon law, rules, and regulations, Oregon law, rules and regulations shall prevail and govern. Each party agrees to submit to the exclusive and personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Washington County in the State of Oregon. Any notices to Ken Nix, DiminishedValue.net, DiminishedValueofOregon.com any of it’s associates, owners or appraisers must be sent to:
Attention: Ken Nix
4264 SW Plumeria Way
Beaverton, Oregon 97007